This sofa and chair set originally had attached seat cushions and attached back cushions. >During the upholstery process we changed the style so that it now has both loose seat cushions and loose back cushions. >We built up the front (under the cushions) which was needed because of the change in style. >We adding reinforcing lumber on the sides under the cushions. >We also tightened the elastic seat webbing strips(which were loose) >Originally the sofa and chair did not have a decking area. So, to accommodate the loose cushions, we did extra service. We created a special decking (under the cushions) that was attached with elastic so that it would stretch with the elastic webbing. This minimizes the possibility of the decking ripping when someone sits on the seat cushions. >Because of the unusual way that the foam was originally constructed, we had to slice off the uneven sections of foam on both sides of the seat foam. This made the foam so that it would be flat to fit inside the cushions and be easily reversible.